Saturday, 11 June 2011

Somehow

Somehow, just knowing makes things easier.
Knowing you don't share my hope, makes it easier to stay the same.
Somehow, knowing that you are here, makes me want to go on.
I want to thank each one of you, from the bottom of my heart.

Cinnamon Brown, the sweetie that she is, asked me to write a poem about Humming Birds.
How did you know how much beauty I saw in them? The thing that amazes me most about them is their ability to fly backwards. I think they are the only type of birds to do so. We take it for granted that we can move back and forth, easy, but they are a marvel to the bird world. They can also hover. I am not being very articulate here but basically I think they are cool.

I'd like to share with you one of Emily Dickingson's poems entitled 'Hummingbird':
A Route of Evanescence
With a revolving Wheel -
A Resonance of Emerald -
A Rush of Cochineal,
And every Blossom on the Bush
Adjusts its tumbled Head.
The Mail from Tunis, probably,
An easy Morning's ride.

We don't get hummingbirds hear. I guess it's too cold.
They are beautiful though.
I am afraid I have no poems for you. I don't know how it would start.
I see this picture in my head, but I cannot translate it into words. 
In my head, the hummingbird is not darting about, flying backward and forth, hovering at a flower. 
This hummingbird is tried.
I wonder what it's thinking
Was it lost? where'd it been?
Sweet scented roses far and near, 
A valley lost in fear.

I'm sorry I've been so moany. My mind is just so scattered. I have gone two days without binding now, I feel more in control, more real, more acceptable. I went home, none of my clothes fit. I hate myself for that. But I cannot just beat myself up for things. Nothing good comes from that. I must keep working. One day at a time. Plowing on. It will be okay in the end. <3




8 comments:

  1. Happy to be here. And watch the flighty ones. Hummingbirds are magnificent. My parents get a few different kinds in their garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummingbirds.. Hmm. check this out: http://www.crystalinks.com/hummingbird.html

    you just gotta read the stuff on the link!

    I love this bit: "Hummingbird is the creature that opens the heart. When the hurt that caused us to close our hearts gets a chance to heal, our hearts are free to open again. With hummingbird consciousness, we learn the truth of beauty. Our life becomes a wonderland of delights in flowers, aromas and tastes. We laugh and enjoy creation, we appreciate the magic of the present moment, and the magic of being alive."

    I'm glad your post is taking a more positive note: It will be OK in the end. Yes, it will be. Just wake up everyday, put a smile on your face and you'll everything is fantastic! Life is so beautiful! (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yes, yes it will

    ReplyDelete
  4. there used to be a plant outside my window it had red and orange flowers. I don't think that plant is there any more but it used to always have hummingbirds around it some times 2 or 3 at a time even if the plant was still there I think my dog would scare the birds away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, almost as much as I love you. <3
    All of your words have brought me so much hope, and I can tell you're slowly changing for the better, day by day. Oh, you're going to be absolutely unstoppable, and even more breathtaking than you are now, (if that's possible) someday. <3
    You are so very lovely, dear.
    Keep your chin up. :)



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know humming birds can fly backwards, that totally amazes me.

    I'm glad that you are more positive now. You are so right everything will be okay in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post.
    hummingbirds are amazing indeed,
    the way they hover, so gracefully =)

    nice thoughts of yours, too..
    nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hummingbirds are incredible, indeed - they're one of my favourite birds! I love their diminutive size.
    My brother saw one here once, at least. And my grandmother has a hummingbird feeder in her backyard so she's probably seen quite a few. I, on the other hand, have never seen one in real life. *sigh* Quel dommage.

    ReplyDelete